Problems with the web interface of Nagios

Voigt Thomas Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de
Thu Jun 15 13:27:26 CEST 2006

Hi!

REMY Julien wrote:

> If I want to restart Nagios (/etc/init.d/nagios restart), a message is
posted : Running configuration check... FAILED !
> Restart aborted. Check your Nagios configuration.

You have to check your configuration =;-)

Start nagios with

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

(supposing you have installed it in /usr/local/nagios, otherwise change
the paths!) and it will show you, what's wrong with your config.
If you have changed the config and nagios doesn't complain anymore, you
can start it with /etc/init.d/nagios start.

--
Kind regards

Thomas Voigt