Connecting NRPE_NT and NSClient++

Pavleck, Jeremy D. Jeremy.Pavleck at capella.edu
Tue Jun 13 20:07:47 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Tim
Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 1:05 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Connecting NRPE_NT and NSClient++

Hi all,

We're in the process of setting up monitoring of our Windows servers
here, and I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the relationship
between NRPE_NT and NSClient++. I've got both installed on a Windows
server and running as services. I can run a basic 'check_nrpe' from our
Linux server (the nagios box) to NRPE_NT and get a response from the
Windows machine, but I'm stuck trying to get NRPE_NT to use one of the
built-in NSClient++ checks. It's not clear how to get NRPE_NT to use one
of the NSClient++ modules.

Does anyone have an example they could share?

On a related note, does anyone know why NSClient++ doesn't have a module
called "CheckSystem.dll"? It's one of the ones listed on the wiki
(http://nscplus.medin.name/index.php/CheckCommands), but it wasn't in
the zip file I downloaded.

Thanks.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson
Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA

reporting any issue.

Hey Tim, seems like we work in the same industry, in the same area -
kudos.
As for your question - I might not be reading it right, but you use
check_nt for NSClient checks with nagios, it's part of the plugin
package.