Monitoring connectivity between 2 servers

Arenas Alvaro Alvaro.Arenas at itella.com
Wed Jun 7 16:46:05 CEST 2006

Hi list,

I want to monitor the connectivity between two servers and inform the
results with Nagios. The test involes testing if the server A is
reacheble from server C and vice versa. I also need some statistics like
the RTT. Nagios will run in another seperate server (C). All of them are
linux machines.

There is a plugin to do this?

I thought I can use the check_ping in server B to test the connectivity
with A. As check_ping has to be executed on the server from which the
test will be performed, I could use another plugin that allows the
execution of plugins in remote hosts. (right now I don't remember the
name of it, but I know that exists)

But.. There is a better approach?
Any suggestions are wellcomed.

Thanks in advance