Nagios2 and check_apc_ups_snmp plugin error

Marcin Wasilewski marcinwasilewski at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Jun 6 10:40:25 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have some problems with this plugin in Nagios2. On Nagios1 it was running
ok, but after moving to Nagios2 it returns such status:

Current Status:   UNKNOWN
Status Information:**ePN failed to compile
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_apc_ups_snmp: "Global symbol "$versionopt"
requires explicit package name at (eval 9) line 44,
Performance Data:Global symbol "$versionopt" requires explicit package name
at (eval 9) line 51.

I don't know PERL and I have no idea what should I correct to get this
working...
Below is a part of the check_apc_ups_snmp script so maybe some of You could
help me?

Best regards
Marcin

#! /usr/bin/perl -w
#
# (c)2003 Peter Radcliffe.
# Released under the BSD Licence.
#
# Check the status of an APC(tm) UPS via SNMP.
#

require 5.004;
use POSIX;
#use diagnostics;
#use strict;
use Net::SNMP;
use Getopt::Long;
use lib "/usr/lib/nagios/plugins";
use utils qw($TIMEOUT %ERRORS &support);

my $PROGNAME="check_apc_ups_snmp";
my $VERSION="0.02";

sub print_help ();
sub print_usage ();
sub print_local_version ();

#$ENV{'PATH'}='';
$ENV{'BASH_ENV'}='';
$ENV{'ENV'}='';

# defaults
my $community="public";
my $port="161";
my $battcaperror="80";
my $batttemperror="38";
my $battstatgood="2";
my $outputstatgood="2";
my $battreplacegood="1";
my $outvoltlow="235";
my $outvolthigh="245";
my $loadhigh="45";
my $runtimelow="200";

Getopt::Long::Configure ("bundling");
GetOptions(
  "V"   => \$versionopt,      "version"           => \$versionopt,
  "h"   => \$help,            "help"              => \$help,
  "c=s" => \$community,       "community=s"       => \$community,
  "p=i" => \$port,            "port=i"            => \$port,
  "r=i" => \$runtimelow,      "runtimelow=i"      => \$runtimelow,
  "l=i" => \$loadhigh,        "loadhigh=i"        => \$loadhigh,
  "H=s" => \$hostname,        "hostname=s"        => \$hostname,
                              "battcaperror=i"    => \$battcaperror,
                              "batttemperror=i"   => \$batttemperror,
                              "battstatgood=i"    => \$battstatgood,
                              "outputstatgood=i"  => \$outputstatgood,
                              "battreplacegood=i" => \$battreplacegood,
                              "outvoltlow=i"      => \$outvoltlow,
                              "outvolthigh=i"     => \$outvolthigh
  );

if ($versionopt) {