Check windows Memory usage via SNMP

Max H. btmanmeh at verizon.net
Mon Jun 5 23:28:15 CEST 2006

Mark Duffy wrote:

> Does anyone know of or has written a script to check windows memory usage
> via SNMP, I have had a look on a few Nagios sites and have so far been
> unsuccessful in finding one, I can find them for checking disk space and CPU
> load but not memory :( can anyone point me in the right direction. I realize
> it is possible with NsClient / ++ but I would rather not use agents on the
> machines I am wanting to monitor

Hi Mark,

Check out <http://www.manubulon.com/nagios/snmp_mem.html>

For Windows it's check_snmp_storage.pl

Use is:

[root at nagios plugins]# ./check_snmp_storage.pl -H myserver -C
mycommunity -m "^Virtual Memory$" -w whatever -c whatever
Virtual Memory: 19%used(1096MB/5786MB) (<90%) : OK

It does Linux net-snmp clients and AS/400 as well.

Max