Service detail page refresh, stale checks

Tracy R Reed treed at ultraviolet.org
Fri Jun 2 00:43:10 CEST 2006

Hello all!

I am running nagios 2.2 on Debian 3.1.

I have run into a couple of annoying problems. The first is that using
Firefox 1.5.0.3 I am constantly getting stale pages. That is to say that
the service detail page is not showing the current state of the network.
It is showing some past cached state which is driving me nuts as I try
to debug other problems and cannot tell what effect my changes might
have had because I am getting old information. My browser must be
caching them. Shouldn't nagios be doing something to prevent the browser
from caching?

Also, is there any way to get rid of the frame? That only adds to the
confusion. Reload, reload this frame, etc.

I have two service checks which seem to be stuck on failure. I am using
check_tcp to check that cfservd is running. On all of my machines except
two it is working properly. I cannot discern what makes these two
machines exceptional. I can manually run the check command from the
nagios server:

check_tcp -H djwww06 -p 5308
TCP OK - 0.053 second response time on port
5308|time=0.052821s;0.000000;0.000000;0.000000;10.000000

and get a success. On both of the machines. Yet when nagios checks it
(or claims to check it) it always comes back failure. I currently have
retain_state_information=1. Is this recommended? Seemed like a good idea
because I was tiring of having to re-ack things that I know are down
every time I restart nagios. I was concerned that it was somehow saving
state incorrectly causing this problem. I tried turning it off once just
to see if that would clear up the issue of the failing check_tcp service
checks but it did not. I have since re-enabled it.

Thanks!

--
Tracy R Reed                  http://ultraviolet.org
A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right