BUG: check_disk doesn't support LVM volumes

Miles O'Neal meo at intrinsity.com
Mon Jul 31 18:15:19 CEST 2006

Martin J. Green said...

|Think I might see the problem... look at the % used for the partitions
|that don't work (its not a %)

No, all the % columns have the %, though some
are scooted way over.

This is the one that matters, because this is the format
used by check_disk on Linux systems:

|And df -hP
|
|Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
|/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01  137G   72G   58G  56% /
|/dev/md0               99M   11M   84M  11% /boot
|/dev/shm              3.0G     0  3.0G   0% /dev/shm
|192.168.254.1:/storage/vm  1.1T  974G   38G  97% /mnt/storage
|
|Oh and nfs mounts don't work either (again they show up when its passed
|no partition as an argument, but try and check it on its own and it
|doesn't work).

Sorry, I'm out of ideas other than trying
another version of the plugins in case this
one has a bug.  The only problem I have
seen with check_disk is when an NFS mount
goes weird and the "df -hP" returns outout
without numbers, as in

fred:/dev/foo	-	-	-	- /dev/foo

I use check_disk primarily on NFS mounted
partitions and a handful of local disks.
Everything else handle through nagios-statd
on remote boxes, which also uses the "df -hP"
command, but different code to parse and
report, so it's not relevant.

Actual command line example with only the
names changed:

somesys:meo[142]>/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_disk -w 10% -c 5% -p /export/foo
DISK WARNING [23126152 kB (6%) free on somefiler:/vol/vol0/foo]

What version are you running?  I have:

   somesys:meo[148]>rpm -q nagios-plugins
   nagios-plugins-1.3.1-10.1.el3.rf.x86_64

and as I said it works fine here.