how to string commands?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Fri Jul 28 07:36:14 CEST 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, nagios wrote:

> I am defining a template for my linux machines. I'd like the
> check_command for that template to have it check ping, local drive, pop,
> httpd, etc.... How can I string them together? Would something like this
> work:
>
> check_command check-host-alive; check-pop; etc..
>
> or do I need to use commas or is this completely illegal?

I tihink you need to do this the other way around. Use 1 service type and
add multiple hosts to it. Like:

define service{
        use                             linux-counter-template
        host_name                       aleph.counter.li.org,beth.counter.li.org
        service_description             DNS
        check_command                   check_dig!1!6!counter.li.org
        contact_groups                  linux-counter
        }

Hugo.

		Don't meddle in the affairs of magicians,
		for they are subtle and quick to anger.