check_disk 1.4.3 (1.64) for AIX not working?

Mark Worrad mark at abtgroup.com.au
Wed Jul 19 00:09:13 CEST 2006

Alexander Harvey <alexh19740110 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> This is the wrong thread I think but I'd be interested to know how you got
NRPE to work at all in AIX5.3--even in daemon mode. That is, which version did
you compile? 2.5.2 or an earlier one? Did you use any special compiler options
etc? To me it looks like it's broken altogether in AIX. One of our developers
is trying to fix it. We'll post the code if we make any progress.
> Alex
>
> On 7/18/06, Mark Worrad <mark <at> abtgroup.com.au> wrote:
> Alexander Harvey <alexh19740110 <at> gmail.com> writes:>>> I'm reluctant to
use -w ... -c ... -p / -p /usr ... BTW as I'm often havingto add or remove
filesystems from these boxes unfortunately. That would mean
> each time I add a filesystem I'd also have to change the Nagios check.
Thatwouldn't really be ideal.> Alex>> On 7/17/06, Alexander
Harvey>  <alexh19740110 <at>
> gmail.com> wrote:>> On 7/17/06, Ton Voon <>> ton.voon <at> altinity.com>
wrote:>>>>>>>> Looks okay. There's a problem with inodes being -700% on /usr,
but otherwise
> it looks valid.>> I think the /proc is causing your failure (correctly since
there is no freespace). Run ./check_disk -w 20% -c 1% -p / -p /usr and that
should come backokay.I am running
> AIX5.3 also and am experiencing similar problems. The only way sofaar i can
get this to work is to not use inetd.conf but start it in daemon
modeeg/usr/local/bin/nagios/nrpe -n -c /usr/local/nagios/nrpe.cfg -d
> I can then get correct results from the nagios server from the command line
buti then have issues with ussing a browser to monitor the status. I have
justposted this problem.>>>
causing theproblem but then /proc will always show "no space" in AIX because
it's not a
> real filesystem. To really work in AIX the 'check_disk' should
ignore /proc.It's no big deal, my shell script is fine for my purposes.> Thanks
for all your efforts for free software, BTW.Kind Regards,Alex>

> On 7/19/06, Mark Worrad <mark <at> abtgroup.com.au> wrote:

My version on nrpe

NRPE - Nagios Remote Plugin Executor
Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Version: 2.5.1
Last Modified: 04-09-2006
License: GPL v2 with exemptions (-l for more info)
SSL/TLS Available: Anonymous DH Mode, OpenSSL 0.9.6 or higher required

** POSSIBLE SECURITY RISK - TCP WRAPPERS ARE NOT AVAILABLE!  **
**      Read the NRPE SECURITY file for more information     **

I had lots of problems compiling until i upgraded ssl. my version is

 freeware.openssl.rte       0.9.7.1    C     F    Openssl 0.9.7g

My gcc version is

  gcc                        3.3.2-5    C     R    GNU Compiler Collection
                                                   (/bin/rpm)

When compiling i just compiled with the standard ./configure
Hope this helps

<<<<<

users> ::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS when
reporting
> any issue.> ::: Messages without supporting info will risk being sent
-----Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
youropinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV__________________________________________
lists.sourceforge.nethttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/nagios-