host-notify-by-epager

Justin Craig jrcraig.email at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 18:22:52 CEST 2006

I have host-notify-by-epager working correctly with default commands in
misccommands.cfg.    host-notify-by-epager is not working, and looking in
system logs I see notification attempts to my pager at
XXXXXXXXXX at page.metrocall.com is timed out with mailmx.archwireless.net

Jul 18 11:15:10 nagonet sendmail[11949]: k6IGDAil011947: to=<
5128750223 at page.metrocall.com>, ctladdr=<nagios at nagonet.cpa.state.tx.us>
(501/501), delay=00:02:00, xdelay=00:02:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=120546, relay=
mailmx.archwireless.net. [147.187.10.95], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred:
Connection timed out with mailmx.archwireless.net.

I can resolve via my nagios host:

[root at nagonet network]# nslookup
> set type=mx
> page.metrocall.com
Server:         192.168.200.18
Address:        192.168.200.18#53

Non-authoritative answer:
page.metrocall.com      mail exchanger = 5 mailmx.archwireless.net.

mailmx.archwireless.net internet address = 147.187.10.95

shouldn't this notification behave the same way as email.  the only
difference being that my email address I have in contacts.cfg is internal
and this epager address is external.  I'd like to use local host to send
from or I'm also willing to tell localhost about our outside mailserver.

Anyone have a quick and easy solution for me :)  I'm it's something
simple......  I'm just missing it.

--
- Justin