check_disk 1.4.3 (1.64) for AIX not working?

Mark Worrad mark at abtgroup.com.au
Tue Jul 18 04:46:57 CEST 2006

Alexander Harvey <alexh19740110 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'm reluctant to use -w ... -c ... -p / -p /usr ... BTW as I'm often having
to add or remove filesystems from these boxes unfortunately. That would mean
each time I add a filesystem I'd also have to change the Nagios check. That
wouldn't really be ideal.
> Alex
>
> On 7/17/06, Alexander Harvey
>  <alexh19740110 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 7/17/06, Ton Voon <
>
> ton.voon <at> altinity.com> wrote:
>

> Looks okay. There's a problem with inodes being -700% on /usr, but otherwise
it looks valid.

> I think the /proc is causing your failure (correctly since there is no free
space). Run ./check_disk -w 20% -c 1% -p / -p /usr and that should come back
okay.

I am running AIX5.3 also and am experiencing similar problems. The only way so
faar i can get this to work is to not use inetd.conf but start it in daemon mode
eg
/usr/local/bin/nagios/nrpe -n -c /usr/local/nagios/nrpe.cfg -d

I can then get correct results from the nagios server from the command line but
i then have issues with ussing a browser to monitor the status. I have just
posted this problem.

> Ton
>

> Yes, I guess it's a feature, not a bug, and definitely /proc is causing the
problem but then /proc will always show "no space" in AIX because it's not a
real filesystem. To really work in AIX the 'check_disk' should ignore /proc.
It's no big deal, my shell script is fine for my purposes.