Can't install Nagios 2.4

Yousef Jamous yjamous at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 17:10:46 CEST 2006

Hi list

I'm trying to install NAGIOS 2.4 on AIX 5.3 64bit kernel.

My gcc version is 3.3.2 The output of gcc -v is:

Reading specs from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0/3.3.2
/specs

Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/bi
n/ld --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/opt/freeware
 --enable-threads --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --host=powerpc
-ibm-aix5.3.0.0

Thread model: aix

gcc version 3.3.2

I'm trying to configure nagios using the following command:

 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-nagios-user=nagios
 --with-nagios-group=nagios

Configure commands goes smooth without problems, but when I do "make
 install" It goes fine for a while, then I get the following problem:

Target "all" is up to date.

Target "cgis" is up to date.

        cd ./html && make

Target "all" is up to date.

Target "html" is up to date.

        cd ./module && make

        gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o helloworld.o helloworld.c
 -G -bM:SRE -bnoentry -bexpall

gcc: `-b' must come at the start of the command line

Stop.

What might be the problem?

It worth mentioning that I already installed Nagios 1.4, but I want
 to upgrade to 2.4!!

Anyone can help me please?

Many thanks in Advance

- Yousef Jamous (yjamous)