NRPE with ESX 2.5.2

moshe sharon moshesharon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 22:13:56 CET 2006

Hello

ESX 2.5.x is based on redhat 7.3 so if you have / compiled plugins + nrpe
for this system you are set.
all the plugins like check_load check_procs etc. works perfect.
plugins or any kind of agents are not supported by vmware.
it does not make the server load also (at least standard plugins).
you can also enable SNMP on the server and use steve shipway esx snmp
plugins which gives you a pretty good picture of the VM

Moshe Sharon