Pinging every host at a specific interval?

Ryan Whalen lists.rwhalen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 19:09:16 CET 2006

Hey everyone-

I am new to Nagios, and this morning set everything up...everything seems to
be working, and I have nagios pinging a small number of hosts (~50).  What I
would like to happen is for Nagios to ping them all every 5 minutes, and
display their status.  However, some hosts have not been polled for over 2
hours.

It appears that since one device is down, Nagios is putting the priority on
polling that device rather than polling the other devices in the list.  I
would like to avaid that, because the devices that are being polled are at
customer locations, so there will be times when either the device is
unplugged or simply locked up.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

-Ryan