single notification contact

Guy B. Purcell guy at extragalactic.net
Mon Jan 23 22:34:42 CET 2006

On Jan 23, 2006, at 11:36, Don Lewis wrote:

> Then yes, I do believe this is what you would have to do, would be to
> have 2 same services configured for what is being monitored, each with
> it's own settings to send off to ticket systems.  One would be with
> notification_options=u,w,c,r and the service for the ticket system
> being
> just =c.

While that would work, it's the hard way; rather, just make a
separate contact that's associated with all services & hosts--one
with host_ & service_notification_options set just to "d" & "c",
respectively.  That will create a ticket for each host down & service
critical.

However, I don't like the idea of auto-creating tickets:  no matter
what you do, there's really no way to prevent multiple tickets for a
single event.  A better way to go, IMHO, would be to modify the GUI
to add a "create incident ticket" button/link to the Service & Host
detail pages (it could live in the Commands list, along with the
various Disable/Enable, etc. items).  That way, it's automatic from
the point of view of not having to manually enter the pertinent info
(which is really what you're trying to avoid), but it avoids
duplicate ticket creation.

-Guy