Acknowledgment Alerts

Chris Waters CWaters at jeld-wen.com
Thu Jan 19 23:20:34 CET 2006

ACKs don't fall with in thos types.  They are handled differently (it's
in the docs).  We do something similar but not with the ACKs.  We
actually tell our ticketing system to ignore ACK messages because we
want the outages (DOWN, CRITICAL) to open the tickets (with all the info
the additional info from a db).  You might be able to do the same thing
with your ticketing system but tell your ticketing system to ignore
DOWN, CRITICAL, or UNREACHABLE so it will only process the ACK messages.

Chris Waters
WAN/LAN Technician
JELD-WEN, Inc.
Network Services Group