Check more than one service

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jan 19 19:11:29 CET 2006

Are you seeing a specific error?

> How could I do that?

I'm not sure what you've defined so far but generally the steps are
straightforward. For the documentation links below I'll presume that
you're using 1.3. If you're using 2.x change the 1_0 to 2_0 in the links
--

- Create a host definition for the host in question. The check_command
should be something simple and designed to tell if the host is up or

For example --

# Host definition for example_host.domain.foo
define host {
        use                     generic-host
        host_name               example_host
        alias                   This is my host
        address                 the.ip.add.ress
	  check_command		  check_host_alive
}

# Service definition for PING on example_host.domain.foo
define service {
        use                     generic-service
        host_name               example_host
        service_description     PING
        contact_groups          oncall
        check_command           check_ping
}

# Service definition for CACHING on example_host.domain.foo
define service {
        use                     generic-service
        host_name               example_host
        service_description     CACHING
        contact_groups          oncall
        check_command           check_caching
}

define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  my_example_hostgroup
        alias           Wheeeeeee
        contact_groups  oncall
        members        example_host
}

I've left out the generic-host and generic-service template definitions
for brevity.

--
Marc