a config problem using centos 4, apache 2.0.52 and nagios 2.0b4 rpm

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 04:31:16 CET 2006

> Internal Server Error
Helpful isn't it!

> No errors in the nagios.log file, but in /var/log/httpd/error_log I find
> errors:
> Permission Denied: exec of /usr/lib/nagios/cgi/status.cgi failed.
> Premature end of script headers status.cgi

Even more helpful. Isn't troubleshooting FUN!

> All files under /usr/lib/nagios/cgi have perms
> _rwxrwx___
> and ownership nagios:nagios
> httpd runs as apache, and apache is in the nagios group. This has always
> worked for me in the past.
>
> I am guessing there is a problem with my httpd setup, but to be honest,
> I haven't done anything to it other than add the stanzas for nagios. I
> have also deleted them and re-added them just to make sure.

I had this problem once before, and it was because REMOTE_USER wasn't
being set during authentication. you can try opening up the cgi.cfg
and making one of your users the default, so that REMOTE_USER is
ignored, and see if you have access that way. If that stil fails then
you're likely to be missing a scriptalias in your apache config
somewhere.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT