snmp issue

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Wed Jan 11 22:04:16 CET 2006

Hello,

On 1/11/2006 9:05 PM, Ravi Kumar wrote:
> I'm having issue with snmp in 2.0Beta version.
> /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_smtp -H  192.168.xxx.xxx
> Connection refused
> SMTP CRITICAL - 0.001 sec. response time|time=0.000781s;;;0.000000
>
> /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_snmp -P 1 -H 192.168.xxx.xxx -o
> sysUpTime.0 -C public
> SNMP problem - No data received from host
> CMD: /usr/bin/snmpget -t 1 -r 5 -m ALL -v 1 -c public  192.168.1.1:161
> sysUpTime.0
> Let me know how to fix.

Considering the amount of information you give, let me first ask if you
know how TCP/IP networking works, and what the smtp and snmp daemons are.

Assuming you know about these, I'd ask you for reasons to believe that
the corresponding daemons are actually running, reachable, and
configured on the hosts you want to check.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de