check spamhaus lasso

Greg Martin gregcmartin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 16:05:42 CET 2006

I would like to use check_http or similar program to query the Spamhaus
Lasso tool to report if there are any open issues (this would benefit alot
of ISP/HSP's)...

Using aol for a generic example:  www.spamhaus.org -u
/sbl/listings.lasso?isp=aol.com

If there are no SBL issues you receive the following text:

"There are no current SBL listings for aol.com"

If there are you recieve the following text:

"Found x SBL listings for IPs under the responsibility of aol.com"

So I would imagine my regular check command would be:

./check_http -H www.spamhaus.org -u /sbl/listings.lasso?isp=aol.com -f
follow -s no current SBL

or

./check_http -H www.spamhaus.org -u /sbl/listings.lasso?isp=aol.com -f
follow -s "no current SBL"

But neither seems to work...

./check_http -H www.spamhaus.org -u /sbl/listings.lasso?isp=aol.com -f
follow -s no

works

but not:

./check_http -H www.spamhaus.org -u /sbl/listings.lasso?isp=aol.com -f
follow -s current

I am at a loss now, can anyone make a suggestion on what i'm doin wrong ?

Thanks!

Greg