softstates and retry check intervals

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Fri Jan 6 02:51:39 CET 2006

Please do not mix all your information up.  Are you having prblems with:

CHECK_NRPE timing out?
Asterisk-PBX snmp checks?
DB-Server ping tests?

You've sent different pieces of information in almost every one of your
emails, and all of them could be related to different problems.

Nagios soft/hard states behave as indicated in the documentation, and as
described here by others, and it seems that you are understanding its
behavior properly as well.

If you provide relevant, consistent information, we'll be better able to
help.

1) services.cfg from some service you're having troubles with
2) status.log entries for that SAME service you're having troubles with
3) description of what's happening/not happening for that SAME service