monitoring F5 BigIP

Eli Stair estair at ilm.com
Thu Jan 5 19:52:28 CET 2006

Just a suggestion, you might want to try polling that info with Cacti
and then get the service states from the cacti rrd's in Nagios.  I
assume that info is manifested in the F5 Enterprise MIB, and probably
well-documented.  Search around and you'll find the check_rrd_* scripts
for pulling that data.

I find this handy for using tools more efficient/suited to the task of
polling/trending large amounts of data (Ganglia/Cacti) and using Nagios
to alert on it.

/eli