bigger.cfg

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jan 5 19:24:10 CET 2006

Anything specified as a cfg_file in nagios.cfg has been able to be
placed in a single file since netsaint.

> contactgroups, etc.  When I place the content of my existing
hosts.cfg,
> hostgroups.cfg , timeperiods.cfg etc into the template bigger.cfg
using
> the order defined therein and reference only bigger.cfg in nagios.cfg,
the
> verification fails with hundreds of errors stating that contacts,
> contactgroups, hosts etc in the services are not defined anywhere.
Can
> anyone help me with this  more consolidated version of config files?

It sounds like you've got a typo or other issue that's throwing the
parser off (missing close bracket, file edited under windows and
includes special control characters, etc). How many objects
(approximately) do you have?

--
Marc