TXT Message a cell phone

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Sat Feb 25 00:27:03 CET 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 03:16:00PM -0800, Ken A wrote:
> >On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 03:08:46PM -0800, Ken A wrote:
> >>If nagios is sending okay to an internal exchange address, then sendmail
> >>on the nagios box is already working fine, which would be expected in an
> >Firewall rules might come in to play here.
> except that he had stated that nagios could send to the exchange box.
I'm assuming that the exchange box is on the same network as the
Nagios box, so smarthost wouldn't come into play. However, if
the mail is trying to go to a cellphone provider, smarthost
might matter if only a small set of hosts on the local network
are allowed to connect outbound on port 25.

I didn't mean iptables on the Nagios box, but on some edge
firewall on the network.

-Jason Martin
--
An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.