TXT Message a sell phone

Guy B. Purcell guy at extragalactic.net
Fri Feb 24 23:31:31 CET 2006

On Feb 24, 2006, at 13:11, Joe Jackson wrote:

> ...it send to e-mail addresses on my local domain, but not to any
> address out side of that.

One thing to be careful of, once you get Exchange & your Nagios
server properly relaying email to the Internet, is to make sure that
relayed email has fully valid headers.  Verizon (and likely other
carriers, too) has anti-spam measures in place that will block your
text messages if they don't appear to be valid.

We ran into this at my current employer.  The mail logs reported,
"...stat=Sent (MsgIDxxxx Message accepted for delivery (relayed by
MailShield))," but the messages never arrived at the phone.  The
thing that makes me a little uneasy about depending on Verizon's
gateway is that we still lose a message to MailShield every now &
then, and I gave up trying to get Verizon to whitelist the gateway
address after getting the run-around from four different layers of
their support tree.

-Guy