TXT Message a sell phone

Joe Jackson jdbigg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 21:13:26 CET 2006

Derek,
  Thanks for your comments. I think you pretty much understand what I am
trying to do, but just to clarify; I would like to be able to send messages
to cell phones..Right, well our corporate cell carrier is Virizon, if you
don't already know, you can send an SMS text message to a Verizon cell phone
by sending an SMTP e-mail to the phone number like this: (cell
Phone-Number)@vtext.com, now is there a way to make Nagios send mail to that
number? I noticed that there is no where in Nagios (unless i missed it some
where) to setup SMTP gateway information, so sending e-mail to outside
e-mail addresses isn't possible, please correct if i am wrong.

Thanks,
Joe