TXT Message a sell phone

Derek J. Balling deballing at vassar.edu
Fri Feb 24 21:06:13 CET 2006

Cell Phone != Alphanumeric Pager

Lots of cell providers simply don't provide IXO/TAP service.

And, as you point out, e-mailing to an e-mail address is all well and
good unless your report is "Core Router Down", then you might find
out about it, several times, after you've repaired it. :-)

You want to investigate using enterprise-level SMS services. We're in
the process right now of doing some of that research ourselves, and
so would be interested to hear from others.

--

Derek J. Balling
Systems Administrator