Internal Server Error on Nagios 2.0

Pete Shelfo PShelfo at embrex.com
Tue Feb 21 17:10:24 CET 2006

I recently tried to fire up a new Nagios server running on RedHat 4
Enterprise (fully patched).  Everything works fine, pre-flight passed,
http is correct, web page displays; however, whenever I access a CGI
link on the left hand page I get the following error:

"Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root at localhost and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.

I have tried and tried to troubleshoot the problem but have had no
success.

1.      I have searched the forums, google and apache.  It appears this
is a common problem across many Linux platforms

2.      I have chmod 777 /usr/local/nagios permissions fully with no
success and added every userID I could like of to the group.

3.      I have even tried a default configuration with one host, a check
ping and along with all the sample configs.  The problem still occurs.

4.      I have verified my http conf and tried all types of suggestions
I found during my searches.

My http config error log displays the following:

Tue Feb 21 10:43:50 2006] [error] [client 10.1.7.200] Premature end of
script headers: status

.cgi, referer: http://servername/nagios//side.html
<http://servername/nagios/side.html>

I am currently running Nagios version 1.1 with no issues.  This really
looks like an incompatibility with Apache or CGI or something?  Anyone
have any ideas - I am flat out?

Pete Shelfo

Systems Engineer

(919) 314-2546