Nagios and NRPE daemon for monitoring

Naveen C Joshi naveen_joshi at intersolutions.stpn.soft.net
Thu Feb 16 14:40:59 CET 2006

Hi,
I want to use Nagios to monitor public and private resources with given below network. Please provide me guidance to accomplish this task.

Centralise monitoring Nagios Host = 192.xxx.xxx.xx1 (Nagios 2.x version Installed, NRPE plugin 2.5)

We have a pool of remote servers with following installation and ip.

client Remote server #1 = 10.xxx.xxx.xx1 (NRPE Daemon, Nagios)
client Remote server #2 = 10.xxx.xxx.xx2
client Remote server #3 = 10.xxx.xxx.xx3

Here I have confusion about Remote server#2 and 3.  Do we need to install NRPE daemon for these two machines also?  Is there any method to monitor these 3 machine's private and public resources without any installation on remote server#2 and 3?

Please provide me help to monitor these all machines.

The main objective is that we do not want to install any nagios/third party tool on all the remote servers while we have installed in one of the remote server (Remote server#1), is it possible? if yes please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Naveen