Passive Monitoring Issue

Dehnert James Sr jdehnert at caymas.com
Wed Feb 15 19:53:29 CET 2006

I recently converted both of my Nagios systems to Nagios 2.0 and
changed my configuration to use distributed monitoring.  My remote
system send status vis ncsa to my local system, and my local system
monitors the remote hosts with passive checks.

All of this works fine, except for one host.  This host is only
monitored via the standard check-host-alive.  The hosts bounces
between "OK" and "CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds", but
even when the status is listed as critical, the ping sometimes shows
as OK.

None of the other passive checks exhibit this behavior, and if I look
at the remote Nagios system (it still is running it's web interface
for now) this host always listed as up and available.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before?  Is so, what hoops do I
need to jump through to resolve this?

  Thanks,
     Zeke

--
mailto:jdehnert at caymas.com   James "Zeke" Dehnert
Phone: 707 283 5042             Fax: 707 283 5001