monitor directory size?

Toto Capuccino shoktai at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:54:21 CET 2006

Hi

Everything is so well documented in nsclient++ doc that i wonder why you
prefer asking here. Anyway you should have first the check_nrpe plugin. Then
you just have to define command in checkcommands using ./check_nrpe -H
hostname -c check_cmd

define command {

    command_name Hello

    command_line check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c check_cmd

}
Please run check_nrpe -h to get the help of the plugin.

cheers
2006/2/15, HP Geeza <getbacktome3 at hotmail.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> I am having some difficulty with using nclient++ and was wondering if
> somebody could help??
>
> I have download nslicnet++ (from
> http://nscplus.medin.name/index.php/Main_Page) and installed it on a
> remote
> windows server.  I then modified the NSC.ini file and added a line:
>
> command[check_cmd]=D:\hello.cmd
>
> I then created a simple .cmd file called hello.cmd which contained the
> following:
>
> @echo off
> echo hello world
> exit 1
>
> MY QUESTION IS:
> what do i need to do/run on the nagios server inorder to run a check
> against
> hello.cmd for example?
>

> >From: Bill Jacqmein <wrjacqmein at gmail.com>
> >To: HP Geeza <getbacktome3 at hotmail.com>
> >Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] monitor directory size?
> >Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:30:52 -0500
> >
> >in NSC.ini
> >
> >in the NRPE handlers section
> >
> >mycheck=c:\somecheck.bat
> >

> >For coding the batch file
> >useful - http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html
> >The main part is the return codes
> >
> >Numeric Value
> >
> >Service Status
> >
> >Status Description
> >
> >0
> >
> >OK
> >
> >The plugin was able to check the service and it appeared to be
> functioning
> >properly
> >
> >1
> >
> >Warning
> >
> >The plugin was able to check the service, but it appeared to be above
> some
> >"warning" threshold or did not appear to be working properly
> >
> >2
> >
> >Critical
> >
> >The plugin detected that either the service was not running or it was
> above
> >some "critical" threshold
> >
> >3
> >
> >Unknown
> >
> >Invalid command line arguments were supplied to the plugin or low-level
> >failures internal to the plugin (such as unable to fork, or open a tcp
> >socket) that prevent it from performing the specified operation.
> >Higher-level errors (such as name resolution errors, socket timeouts,
> etc)
> >are outside of the control of plugins and should generally NOT be
> reported
> >as UNKNOWN states.
> >
> >Hopeful this was enough get you closer to a solution. If not I have to
> >write
> >one in the near future so I will send how I went about creating the
> check.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >       Bill
> >
> >On 2/14/06, HP Geeza <getbacktome3 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Bill,

> [...]

Le bon sens est la chose du monde la mieux partagée.