Nagios 2 with MySql support

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Feb 10 16:17:59 CET 2006

[chop]

> 		Have someone an idea to integrate MySql with Nagios 2.x?
> 		Have someone a good doc?
>

> 	I would recommend searching the archives
> 	(http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.user). I responded
less
> than
> 	2 hours ago to this list with a subject line of 'RE:
[Nagios-users]
> 	Nagios 2 and MySQL/PostgreSQL' with the most viable options
> currently
> 	available (that I am aware of). There are few options at this
early
> 	stage of the 2.0 release.
>
> 	--
> 	Marc

> SO indeed it shows that dropping support for DBs was not the best
thing
> do, either
> as an add on or whatever!!

In your opinion. The event broker is The Better Way in mine and many
others. This has been debated over and over and continues to be brought
up by those who haven't been around long enough. It's a dead horse. It's
not coming back. Use the Event Broker to do it either through modules
already written or write your own and share your better way with the
world if you so choose.

--
Marc