Nagios 2 and MySQL/PostgreSQL

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Feb 9 16:31:48 CET 2006

[chop]

> 	In order to integrate everything easily, we want to use database
> (preferably mysql) in which to store information. With nagios 1.3 I
> could use MySQL or PostgreSQL, but we are considering to use nagios 2
> this new management host.
>
> 	The problem I have is that it seems that database support has
been
> dropped in nagios 2. I am trying to find a patch or contribution to
> nagios that support databases, but I haven't found anything yet. But I
> have found projects that talks about nagios 2 and mysql (for example,
> nag2web).
>
> 	Is there any way to use nagios with a database?

Ethan is writing the NDOUtils NEB module -
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=26589&package_id=1
73832&release_id=384333

Third party NEB module -
Nagios-db -- http://sourceforge.net/projects/nagios-db

Write your own NEB module -
The API is undocumented at this time but you can troll the archives for
further information and/or look at the example NEB module included with
the Nagios source.

--
Marc