Nagios 2 and MySQL/PostgreSQL

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Thu Feb 9 13:30:32 CET 2006

Hello,

	I have running a nagios system, version 1.3. By the moment, I configure
it using the text files. But now we want to integrate it into a web
management system we are developing (adapted to our needs). This
management system does more tasks than monitor, for this purpose we want
to use nagios.

	In order to integrate everything easily, we want to use database
(preferably mysql) in which to store information. With nagios 1.3 I
could use MySQL or PostgreSQL, but we are considering to use nagios 2 to
this new management host.

	The problem I have is that it seems that database support has been
dropped in nagios 2. I am trying to find a patch or contribution to
nagios that support databases, but I haven't found anything yet. But I
have found projects that talks about nagios 2 and mysql (for example,
nag2web).

	Is there any way to use nagios with a database?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática