Icons showing up everywhere but in the status map

Jim Pye jim.pye at pyenet.co.nz
Thu Feb 9 12:30:17 CET 2006

>From what I understand the way that the status map works is the gd2
files are "compiled" together to make the graphic of the map.

If you try to display the status map graphic, in its own page, you will
see that it is just one graphic and not made up of multiple icons etc.

The gd2 file format is not designed to be rendered directly but is a
format that makes composition of multiple files into one graphic quick
and easy.

Check out http://www.boutell.com/gd/ for more details.

I am still puzzling over why my system does not want to display the
icons properly but several things can be show stoppers.

One was the permissions on the gd2 files. I found that they had to be
world readable. Not just user or group.

The graphics format for the png needed to be 8 bpp. Anything with more
colour depth did not display correctly. The pngtogd2 conversion seems to
loose colours.

HTH
Jim

--