Notifications not coming through

JoAnne.Schmitz at baltsun.com JoAnne.Schmitz at baltsun.com
Tue Feb 7 04:18:29 CET 2006

I am running Nagios 2.0b3.

About a week and a half ago, notifications stopped going out in email or
page.  I didn't notice it until Saturday, unfortunately, and I've been
changing the .cfg files throughout that time, so I can't be sure what
things looked like "before" versus "after."

The odd thing is that verification shows no major problems.  And it thinks
it did send out the notifications.  If I go to the notification page, it
shows all the alerts that should have been sent, to me and others.  So
it's not a question of a status I think should trigger a notification and
doesn't.  It's just that the notification never gets anywhere.

If I go to the mail spool, there doesn't seem to be anything waiting.  If
I look at the mail log, it doesn't show anything being sent from Nagios.

Any ideas where I should look for clues?

Thanks,
JoAnne