Looking for a nagios config file topology changer.

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Mon Feb 6 05:54:39 CET 2006

Hi all:

Here is the problem. I have a nagios installation running on host A
monitoring the network. I want to set up a duplicate monitor on host B
which is 10 or so hops from A, but does have parent links pointing to
host A.

Does anybody have a script that will read a nagios config file and
create a new nagios config file where the parents for the hosts are
rewritten to correspond to nagios running on host B.

All my links are bi-directional fortunately so it is a "simple walk"
of the nagios tree graph starting at node B and changing the direction
of every link.

While this is simple conceptually, it is a bit of work to code from
scratch. I have looked at Al Tobey's Nagios:Config to put the graph in
memory and will probably base my code on that unless somebody has a
tool that does it already. Googling and searching nagiosexchange
haven't turned up anything useful.

Thanks for any ideas, pointers or code.

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard