Reporting and misc rave.

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Feb 3 15:19:13 CET 2006

On 3 Feb 2006, at 00:59, Jim Pye wrote:

>> My wishlist for Nagios?
>> 0) Two levels of access - readonly and manage - on a per contact, per
>> service level.  Dont just give 'manage' access to everyone listed
>> as a
>> contact for that service.
> True. I did work on a customers site where the management wanted
> access
> to monitor what was going on but did not want to change or acknowledge
> alerts etc.

I've been thinking of patching Nagios so that a contact can have
defined:

issue_commands = [0|1] (default 1 for backwards compatibility)

This way you can define a contact to be able to view a subset of all
hosts/services, but would not have access to write to cmd.cgi for
downtimes, reschedule, etc.

Would this go down well?

Ton

http://www.altinity.com