Nagios Escalations

Jason Coleman jcoleman at lrn.com
Wed Feb 1 18:31:37 CET 2006

I am currently having trouble getting our escalations to work. I have
read the documentation and tried experimenting with nagios, but I still
cannot get nagios to observe the escalation rules. Here is my service
definition that I am testing with:

Service definition:

define service{
        name                            generic-checkhttp
        service_description             Check HTTP
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        notification_interval           720
        contact_groups                  linux-engineers
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_http
        register                        0
        }

And here is the escalation definition:

define serviceescalation{
        host_name               wwdw23img01
        service_description     Check HTTP
        first_notification      3
        last_notification       1000
        notification_interval   12
        contact_groups
linux-engineers,network-engineers,windows-engineers
        }

Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if I have left out
information that is needed to assist.

Jason Coleman
Systems Engineer
LRN - The Legal Knowledge Company