Performance issues, too

Daniel Meyer eagle at cyberdelia.de
Mon Dec 25 10:20:46 CET 2006

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006, Joerg Linge wrote:

>> I have watched over the last hour the process grow from 124M
>> to 126M.
>>
>> I use ePN with caching.  Most of my checks are SNMP requests
>> via ePN scripts (http://lanning.cc/custom_plugins/), with
>> p1.pl modified with:
>>
>>   use SNMP 5.0;
>>   SNMP::loadModules("ALL");
>
> This sounds like Daniels Problem.
Indeed.

> Two days ago we have compiled nagios without epn and perl cache.
> For now Nagios runs with a latency of 0.3 Secs.
Just rechecked. After 72 hours nagios still runs perfectly with an average
service check latency of 0.3 seconds, max. 0.9 seconds.

Memory usage is perfectly "flat" now, with epn and perlcache it went from
140 mb (whole system) to about 900 mb within 24h.

The average system load is a bit _lower_ than before, but some peaks
higher than with epn/perlcache.

I'll try pure epn without perlcache first thing in january.

Danny
--
Q: Gentoo is too hard to install      =        http://www.cyberdelia.de
    and I feel like whining.           =             eagle at cyberdelia.de
A: Please see /dev/null.              =
       (from the gentoo installer FAQ) =                             \o/