Nagios Strategies

Todd Mcneill todd.mcneill at pmigroup.com
Thu Dec 21 20:02:35 CET 2006

It might also be interesting to see if there is a way to visually
represent these service dependencies on the Status Map.  I have people
that are interested in viewing the status of the entire multi-tier
application stack by application, but this is difficult the way it is
represented now.  I can create Host Groups for each application, and
that should translate to a drawing layer on the Status Map, but from
what I understand, it won't necessarily show me the status of the
application if, for example, an instance of an httpd daemon that the
application depends on goes down.

Has anybody tried anything like this?

Thanks,

Todd