Error: Could not read host and service status information!

edalB edalb1979 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 13:36:01 CET 2006

Hi all.

I have nagios web intarface up and running and have nagios deamon up
and running 100%

But the web interface keeps on giving me the following error.
Error: Could not read host and service status information!

I have gotten nagios to work on my local test bed and was pritty
simple to get it up and running.

I used the following tutoria.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_Nagios

When starting up nagios it started up with no error at all.

I know nagios is running

--------
mon-0 nagios # ps -aux|grep nagios
Warning: bad ps syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See http://procps.sf.net/faq.html
nagios   17996  0.0  0.9   7076  2424 ?        Ss   14:17   0:00
/usr/nagios/bin/nagios -d /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
root     18238  0.0  0.1   1520   452 pts/1    R+   14:33   0:00 grep nagios

Any advice would be apriciated.

Regards