GD2 and Nagios? It works for me.

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Wed Dec 20 10:28:40 CET 2006

Hi,

I recall having seen some remarks on the GD2 support of Nagios when
installed throug DAG's packages.

Well it works for me.
Added a config line to nagios.cfg like:
cfg_dir=/etc/nagios/host-extinfo

Then filled this directory with config files for my hosts. For example:

define hostextinfo {
         host_name               anfalas
#       icon_image              symbols/dsl.png
         icon_image              imagepak-cook/dsl_router.png
         icon_image_alt          Cisco 836 / IOS 12.3
#       statusmap_image         symbols/dsl.gd2
         statusmap_image         imagepak-cook/dsl_router.gd2
}

I installed the load of image paks from nagiosexchange as individual
directories under /usr/share/nagios/images/logos

Nothing to it, in fact. Just noticed with the last snapshot I never did
put in the pictures. So I went in and added them this way.

Old drawing: http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/statusmap-20061219.png
New drawing: http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/statusmap-20061220.png

Just make sure you get them gd2 images. I had to creat one or two of them
myself using the pngtogd2 tool. (`pngtogd2 ....png ....gd2 0 1` did the
trick for me.)

Hugo.

--
 	hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org	http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/