Nagios monitoring bacula - service dependencies

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Dec 19 11:53:08 CET 2006

Jeronimo Zucco wrote:
> NOBODY KNOWS ???

Lots of people know. The answer is ofcourse that you should read and
understand the manual before asking questions here. The Nagios config
documentation really is quite extensive.

Perhaps you missed this particular snippet when configuring?

One important thing to note is that by default, Nagios will use the most
current hard state of the service(s) that is/are being depended upon
when it does the dependeny checks. If you want Nagios to use the most
current state of the services (regardless of whether its a soft or hard
state), enable the soft_service_dependencies option.

There are lots of other goodies in the docs.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se