Schedule Downtime w/o authentication requirement

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Tue Dec 19 00:00:42 CET 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Marc Powell wrote:

> > >  I want to configure nagios in such a way that it does not require
> any
> > >     kind of authorization/authentication including 'guest'.  How can
> > > do
> > >     that?
> >
> > Strictly speaking, you can't.
>
> Sure you can. See the default_user_name and authorized_for_* variables
> and descriptions in cgi.cfg.

I think we were both saying the same thing, though your detail and
accuracy was far better than mine. :)

My point was that you need to provide a username to Nagios one way or
another; it can't be eliminated entirely.  It could be called "guest,"
or anything else, but you need a default user to keep Nagios happy.