big performance issue with Nagios 2.5

Mike Holloway mikhollo at cisco.com
Mon Dec 11 17:36:28 CET 2006

In nagios.cfg, what values are you using for service_reaper_frequency
and sleep_time?  I'm using service_reaper_frequency=5 and
sleep_time=1 for about 10 hosts and 200 services.  You might need to
adjust your service_reaper_frequency down from the default with as
many services as you are checking.

-mike