problem installing nagios 2.6

javier rojas javier.rojasr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 14:20:01 CET 2006

Hello,

i'm trying to install nagios 2.6 on my machine but everytime i
configure and compile it i get the same trouble:

it doesnt make and /etc folder on /usr/local/nagios

on that path i get each time the same folders:

bin  libexec  sbin  share  var

i'm following the instructions from
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/installing.html and i
downloaded the tar.gz from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/nagios/nagios-2.6.tar.gz?download
from the mirror on Curitiba, Brazil

i don't know if it's a bug or if i'm doing something wrong, but i'm
happy to be of service

i really hope that somebody can help me out here

--
Ciao, Javier
linux counter #393724