CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes from daemon. Check the remote server logs for error messages

Ranjeet Kumar ranjeetk at aztecsoft.com
Wed Aug 30 13:40:48 CEST 2006

Hi,

I configured the Nagios on Fedora Core 4. I am getting results locally.
I configure another fedora linux as client and configure NRPE. Here also
I am getting all results except the ping.

Here I am getting error "You must specify a server address or host name
"

 I also configured debian linux as client and configure NRPE. Here I am
not getting any results. It gives message "CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes
from daemon. Check the remote server logs for error messages". On remote
server i.e. debain linux it gives error message: -

Aug 30 16:31:45 debianserver snmpd[3426]: Connection from 192.168.157.53

Aug 30 16:31:45 debianserver last message repeated 3 times

Aug 30 16:31:51 debianserver identd[26372]: started

Aug 30 16:31:54 debianserver snmpd[3426]: [smux_accept] accepted fd 11
from 192.168.157.53:46122

Aug 30 16:31:57 debianserver snmpd[3426]: Connection from 192.168.157.53

Aug 30 16:32:04 debianserver last message repeated 66 times

Aug 30 16:33:07 debianserver nrpe[26380]: Error: Request contained
command arguments, but argument option is not enabled!

Aug 30 16:33:07 debianserver nrpe[26380]: Client request was invalid,
bailing out...

Aug 30 16:34:16 debianserver nrpe[26382]: Error: Request contained
command arguments, but argument option is not enabled!

Aug 30 16:34:16 debianserver nrpe[26382]: Client request was invalid,
bailing out...

Please help me in solving this issue.

I used following version: -

Nagios 2.5.2

Nagios-plugin 1.4.3

NRPE 2.5.2

Thanks,

Ranjeet

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

www.aztecsoft.com