Vedr.: SNMP monitoring intelligence?

Thomas Jens Lauritsen tjl at topdanmark.dk
Tue Aug 29 08:36:25 CEST 2006

Dear Jeremy,

Please take a look at some simple plugins written in bash.

They are extremely usefull, and you will have the control to write som
very specific checks like the one you are asking for.

Best regards

Thomas

"Jeremy Huber" <JHuber at ch2m.net>
Sendt af: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
29-08-2006 00:17

Til
<nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
cc

Emne
[Nagios-users] SNMP monitoring intelligence?

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it...

I've got a case where I need to watch 2 interfaces on a router.  If Int1
is up and Int2 is down, that's ok.  If Int1 is down, but Int2 is up,
that's a warning.  If both are down, that's critical.

In addition, the interfaces may change per device (ie: on one router it's
an ethernet, on another is a serial).

I've used Nagios for a while now, but never had to write my own plugins or
anything like that, so if there's a RTFM response somewhere, that works
too.

Thanks!

Jeremy
reporting any issue.