SELinux issue with nagios after upgrade to Centos 4.2

Sam Hooker sth at noiseplant.com
Mon Aug 28 19:33:43 CEST 2006

Hi there,

(I don't know if this'll get packed into the correct thread, but I tried.
It's in response to John Stevens' post bearing the same subject line from
10/20/2005.)

Thanks for posting this, John: we've been experiencing the same issue
using Dag's RPMs (which are generally excellent). The one thing I'd add is
that, under CentOS 4.2 and 4.3, I got syntax errors from the recommended
fix. (The quoting was what got me.) What worked in the end was to simply
ditch the double-quotes:

    sudo -u $Nagios touch $NagiosVar/nagios.log $NagiosSav

Cheers,

-sth

sam hooker|sth at noiseplant.com|http://www.noiseplant.com

	tail -f /var/llog/llama

> Hi All,
> Just in case this affects others on the list, I thought I would drop a
line.
> I have a Centos 4 system running Nagios 1.3 as installed from the dag
> repository rpm. It has been working fine for a long time now (since I
sorted
> out some typos in the config:( ). Last week I upgraded to the latest
Centos